Gloria Musaealis 2018
The book “Heirloom of Steel: The Collection of Oriental and Asian Arms and Armor in Znojmo Museum (The Czech Republic)” won the prestigious prize Gloria Musaealis 2018.
Each year all museums in the Czech Republic take part in this important competition. The prizes are given to museums in three categories:
– Best exhibitions
– Best publications
– Best innovations for museums and museum studies
The book “Heirloom of Steel” won in the category of best publications. 43 books were shortlisted in the final competition. In the second step only four books won the museum prize for the best publication. I am really proud to say that “Heirloom of Steel” was among these four books.
Four books which won the prize are:
- “Amendar: An Insight in the World of the Romani Personalities“,
- “Museum of the City Brno; “A New Building Brno 1928“,
- “Heirloom of Steel: The Collection of Oriental and Asian Arms and Armor in Znojmo Museum (The Czech Republic)”, and
- “Museum Cheb; “Flora Soosu and the Surroundings”