Seminar "Crosscultural Leadership"
Crosscultural leadership seminar is designed to present, discuss and experiment with new approaches in modern leadership theories and appraoches combining them with methods of intercultural management. Both areas of leadership and intercultural management are challenging areas and when combined together, they present a major task for any leader invoved in managing and leading multi-national teams in a global setting.
Our suggestion: 2 days for the start up session
1 day for a follow-up session after six months
1 day refresher in one year
We can also design a tailor-made seminar based on your needs.
Details about the seminar "Intercultural Training"
- To understand the modern theories of leadership and apply them to case studies
- To understand intercultural differences in business transactions
- To understand culture as a filter and be able to work in different cultural settings
- To understand the effects of the media and society l and the relevant corporate culture on shapring national and group cultures
- To promote cultural understanding and respect
- To be able to lead multi-national team in global settings
Employess with management function involved in international business, executives and managers leading international departments and divisions, expatriots and delegates, all employees involved in international merger and/or acquisition processes.
- Definitions of Leadership
- Current Leadership Concepts
- Definitions of Culture
- Dimensional Models of Culture
- Shared beliefs and values
- Cultural Diversity
- Crosscultural Communication
- Conflict management in intercultural settings
- Culture Shock and its Effect on Global Teams
- Crosscultural Leadership Competencies
Lecture, discussions, case studies, work in groups, roleplays.
In the following some of the intercultural management tools we work on during the seminar are presented briefly.
There are different historical approaches on defining leadership. We differentiate between:
- Person-based approaches
- Behavior-based approaches
- Situative approaches
- Interactionistic approaches
We introduce the current leadership approaches:
- Shared leadership
- Authentic leadership
- Ethical leadership
- Servant leadership
We define the meaning of culture and discuss the following topics:
- Dimensions of cultural standards
- Four categories of cultural elements
- Intercultural competence
- Dimensional models of culture
We will discuss the following areas of cross-cultural communication. These include:
- Barriers of cross-cultural communication
- Culture shock and adaptation
Leadership competencies in global settings include:
- Communication skills
- Networking skills
- Situational sensitivity
- Change orientation
- Learning ability
Different case studies on cross-cultural leadership are discussed and analyzed in our seminars. Some of these case studies include:
- Hiring practices
- Employee management
- Conflict management
- Performance appraisal
- Team development in global setting